This course aims to provide participants with the essential tools to deliver a Khutbah/participate in a khutbah. The course will explore the matters of Islamic Law pertaining to the Khutbah, communication, topic selection, and present day challenges for both the Khateeb and the participant.
Upon successful completion, students should be able to understand:
- Understand the Islamic legal positions, pillars and conditions of the Khutbah and the Jummah prayer.
- Appreciate the multifaceted nature of the people attending the Friday prayer and the need to tailor the sermon accordingly.
- Dealing with present day challenges as a khateeb and a participant.
- How to research a topic properly.
- How best to employ communication tools to deliver a khutbah effectively or listen attentively.
Date: Saturday 23rd June 2018
Time: 09:30 – 17:00 GMT
Venue: Whitechapel, E1