I have been studying at Salam Institute for almost two years. I have thoroughly enjoyed the courses, primarily because of the quality of the teacher and also the students. The classes have reawakened in me the joy of studying again, after many years of attending courses where the teacher was utterly predictable and was telling things me I already knew. With Sh. Akram that is rarely the case. In fact, he often challenges me to question things that I take for granted, on almost any issue, across any discipline –even humanities and politics. Furthermore, the sign of a truly great teacher is that he does not impose his views on you, and this is one of Sh. Akram’s most important qualities. The students are also very enriching. It seems as if the whole Umma is represented, and always the best of each group. Sufis, Deobandis, Modernists, Salafis, etc., are all present, and in the time I’ve been there I’ve never witnessed any of the sectarian witnessed elsewhere. All in all, it is a great environment to learn the Deen.
Dr Abdul Hakim Vazquez, Development Manager at Ebrahim College March 31, 2018
- March 15, 2021 Questions about the Dictionary of women scholars
- March 12, 2021 Women’s Status in Marriage with Shaykh Akram Nadwi
- February 28, 2021 Three questions related to the on-going pandemic
- January 13, 2021 Al-Muhaddithat has been published!
- January 12, 2021 Al-Muhaddithat
- December 31, 2020 Surah al-Hajj